Features of VoIP Phone Service
Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is the latest exciting technology that enables move of voice communication over an IP network. VoIP system users can make/receive calls just as they would from a traditional telephone network but by broadband internet connection. Instead of using expensive telephone wiring, VoIP routes your phone calls directly to your telephone using high speed internet connection.
VoIP technology converts the analog voice signal into digital signal which is then transferred to the other computer by internet connection and is again reconverted in to the analog signal making it understandable by a human listener. The VoIP phone system has manifold features that can be extremely useful to the business community.
• Cost Savings – With a basic VoIP service package, you are allowed unlimited local and long distance calls within the United States. Some providers also offer unlimited calls to Canada and certain select countries within Europe and Asia – for an affordable flat rate.
• Single Network – As VoIP systems use broadband connections you can run both your voice and data communications via a single network. This method you may be able to cut costs further by getting rid of your traditional telephone connection.
• Operational Ease – Using a VoIP system is predominantly the same as using a traditional phone system. The only chief distinction between a VoIP and a traditional phone connection is the way the data is sent. Since with a VoIP the data is sent via the internet, calls can be managed like data files on your computer as also from a traditional hand phone set.
• Useful Features – Quite a few paid features that the traditional phone companies offer are free with VoIP sets – features like voicemail, speed dialing, call forwarding, automatic redial, caller ID, caller ID block, and conference calling. With VoIP sets you may also acquire free some additional features such as the ability to forward voicemail to email, to send data versions of voicemail messages, and to manage address books and contacts from your computer.
• Expansion – With VoIP system, you can send out more than one telephone call over the same broadband internet connection. This method adding additional lines is simple and does not attract additional fee.
• Accessibility – With a VoIP system, all that you need is a reliable broadband internet connection. consequently, you will be able to access telephone facility from wherever internet connection is present.
• Integration – As VoIP uses single network, all other internet sets are compatible and easily integrate with your VoIP system – video conversation, message or data file exchange, internet gaming communication, and audio conferencing amongst others.
• Maintenance Problems – Maintenance and troubleshooting are very few because there are fewer devices to continue.
Some of the strikingly useful features of VoIP systems are:
• Anonymous Call
• Call keep up:
• Call Return
• Call Waiting
• Caller ID with Name:
• Cancel Call Waiting Per Call
• Enhanced 911
• Directory Assistance
• Last Number Redial
• Outbound Caller ID Blocking
• Speed Dial 8
• Speed Dial 100
• Three-Way Calling
• Virtual Numbers
• Auto Callback
• Call Blocking
• Call Forwarding
• Call Forwarding Selective
• Call Logs
• Call Notify
• Distinctive Rings
• Do Not upset
• Selective Call Rejection
• Find Me
• at the same time Ring
IP phones also carry many attractive features like Graphical LCD characterize screen (mostly monochrome), Multiple programmable characterize keys, Ports for network and PC connections, complete-duplex speaker phone, Integrated headset jack, Personalized ringing tones etc.
With several attractive features and cost savings, a VoIP system will soon become the order of the day and the traditional telephone service will little by little become out of use.